I am an accomplished writer and communicator with six years of experience in the software industry. I am highly organized, skilled in interpersonal communication, and endlessly curious.
Moz, 2015 – 2016
- Implemented new features and bug fixes for SEO analytics software, primarily in CoffeeScript.
- Wrote an election-themed article showcasing one of our applications, which was published on the company blog.
- Led sprint planning meetings as scrum master.
Alpha Technologies, 2013 – 2014
- Wrote and edited installation and maintenance documentation for a variety of products, such as transponders and generators, in collaboration with engineers and product managers.
- Handled multiple technical writing projects at once, and brought them in on or before deadline.
- Created and edited technical illustrations for manuals using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Adhered closely to the document control process, and worked with multiple departments to ensure all document control requirements were met.
- Submitted a technical manual to the Society of Technical Communications International Summit Awards.
Logos Research Systems, 2012 – 2013
- Logged bugs, verified bug fixes, analyzed log files, and worked with developers to resolve issues.
- Wrote and updated customer-facing help documentation as well as internal documentation. Crafted clear and precise instruction with illustrations, screenshots, and screencapture video.
- Communicated with customers via forums to diagnose issues with applications.
Expeditors International, 2010 – 2011
- Logged bugs, analyzed log files, and worked closely with development teams to diagnose issues with Java applications.
- Wrote and edited internal tutorials and documentation for software and processes.
- Coordinated global rollout of new software into production: communicated with teams around the world to introduce new initiative, responded to questions and concerns, scheduled deployment, and deployed software in collaboration with developers.
- As member of a change review board, reviewed upcoming software changes to assess impact on existing systems. Evaluated data, programs, policies, procedures, and operational needs and made appropriate recommendations and strategies.
- Trained and mentored new team members.
- Communicated via telephone and email with people all over the world with clarity, tact, and courtesy.
- Analyzed, summarized, and presented monthly metrics reports to upper management.
Quality Positioning Systems, 2010
- Worked on marine navigational software in C++: implemented new features, identified and fixed bugs, and created test plans.
- Performed field testing in Rotterdam Harbor in collaboration with harbor pilots.
- Wrote and edited documentation for customer-facing help articles.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, WWU
Cum Laude – 2009
- Experience writing and editing a variety of technical and other documentation.
- Experience writing company blog posts while maintaining appropriate tone.
- Communicated with people all over the world with clarity, tact, and courtesy.
- Experience in handling multiple writing and editing projects at once, and completing on or before deadline.
- Extensive experience in collaborating with a range of departments to complete projects.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Fluent in Dutch